- Report a scam
- How ID thieves get your information
- What to do if you are a victim
- How to prevent ID theft
- How to know if you are a possible victim of identity theft
- Begin by letting Call Federal know if you feel you have been exposed to a scam involving one of your CFCU accounts.
- If you feel you have given or entered any information that you now suspect might be used fraudulently, please call us immediately at 804-274-1242 or 804-274-1211 so we can block your accounts and help you as soon as possible.
- Please forward suspicious emails to Call Federal here or email us to ask questions about identity theft, scams or phishing attempts.
- To report a scam to the authorities, contact the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). This group is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA).